Treadmill reviews focusing on the best and cheapest treadmills
Running is one of the greatest and most popular exercises of all time, and with modern technology people are able to run in limited space and in all kinds of weather conditions thanks to treadmills. While there are many different cardio options these days, treadmills are the classic option that have weathered the years and remain the common choice.
Treadmills are also very comparable to elliptical cross trainers in exertion of the heart and leg muscles. Are you thinking about buying a treadmill? There are many benefits to doing so, and some will be explained in this article.
The hard part when picking a treadmill is picking the right one! Treadmills have many different features, styles, and price tags attached to them. Are you looking for the best treadmill of 2016 no matter the price? Or maybe you’re looking for the cheapest treadmill on the market? Whatever it is you’re looking for, we’ll help you pick the right one in this article!
First, let’s cover some of the top rated treadmills available:
Table of Contents
Best Treadmills Regardless of Price
3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill
Many people say this treadmill is the closest thing you’ll find to a commercial treadmill like they have at the gym! While commercial treadmills can cost upwards of $5000, this top rated treadmill comes in at just over $3000. Some of it’s best features that are mentioned on Amazon include:
- Start with an upgraded, commercial Ortho Flex ShockTM suspension system and an oversized 22" x 62" running platform, a club rated 4.0 HP motor and 386lbs of muscle under your feet and experience the amazing feel of a 3G Cardio Treadmill in the privacy of your own home.
- The 3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill gives you the peace of mind that not only will you have a spectacular treadmill for the long run but an unrivaled 10 year parts warranty and 2 years in home labor. The last thing you should have to worry about is your treadmill's performance, now you can focus on your performance.
- Simple and effective is the 3G Cardio motto. You will have all the necessary built in programs you need and nothing you don't! With several pre-programmed courses, fitness tests, one touch speed and elevation settings, heart rate control and the ability to custom create your own workouts, you will never become bored or overwhelmed when it comes to your programming options.
- Enjoy your music through the built in speakers and cool down with our multi speed fan! Want more? Try connecting your tablet and enjoying surround sound while watching your favorite movie or TV show. The 3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill can help to create your own private sanctuary.
- Whether you are a casual walker or an avid runner, the 3G Cardio Elite Runner treadmill has you covered! A club rated treadmill with a 10 year parts warranty in your home, what more could you ask for?
Yowza Fitness Daytona Professional Grade Non-Folding Treadmill
This commercial grade treadmill has many of the features that our #1 pick has but come in at a cheaper price tag.
- Commercial Grade 3.0 HP Continuous Duty motor with heavy precision balanced flywheel and Full 20"X 55" multi-ply Running Belt
- Progressive Shock Absorption Deck rests on multi-udometer elastomer rings providing a soft landing surface in front
- Patented Intelligent Weight Management software and wireless scale
- Ergonomically designed console featuring quick start, single touch resistance, speed/incline control; cup holders, hi-fidelity speakers and MP3 jack
- Crowned rollers with sealed bearings provide superior belt tracking
Price Guide: $1,200 (approx)
Buying Guide: Best Treadmill Under $1000
Many of us enjoy running and would love the convenience of having a treadmill at home, but we also have a limited budget to work with. To help you we have compiled a list the best treadmill under $1000 dollars!
LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill
Ranking at the top of our list is the LifeSpan Tr1200i Folding Treadmill, and one of the biggest benefits of this product is in the name: it folds! Conveniently able to fold into a vertical position, this makes it easier to use in smaller places i.e. apartments, condos, small rooms, etc.
Some of it’s most prominent features according to Amazon include:
- 5-horsepower folding treadmill with spacious 20-by-56-inch running surface
- Bio-mechanically correct deck suspension system supports up to 300 pounds
- Multicolored LCD console tracks your time, calories, distance, speed, and more
- Offers several weight loss, healthy living, sports training, and heart rate programs
- Measures 33 x 54 x 70 inches (W x H x D); lifetime warranty on frame and motor
- Treadmill Doctor "Best Buy" Award for Best New Treadmill; Fitness Professor "Head of the Class" Best Treadmill under $1,000 for 2011
Price Guide: $995 (approx)
|3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill||Uses upgraded commercial Ortho Flex ShockTM suspension system & oversized 22" x 62" running platform; great for avid runners or casual walkers||Very Good||Very Expensive||4.5 / 5|
|Yowza Fitness Daytona Professional Grade Non-Folding Treadmill||Features commercial grade 3.0HP continuous duty motor with heavy precision balanced flywheel; equipped with full 20"X 55" multi-ply running belt; ergonomically designed console with soft landing surface in front||Very Good||Expensive||4.8 / 5|
|LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill||2.5-hp folding treadmill with spacious 20” x 56” running surface; biomechanically correct deck suspension system of up to 300 lb capacity; multicolored LCD console to track distance, time, calories, speed, etc.||Excellent||Moderate||4.1 / 5|
|Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill||Two-position incline treadmill folds up to save space; includes 6 personal trainer workouts; comfortable cushioning great tool for losing weight or increased performance||Good||Low||4 / 5|
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
This treadmill is one of the most popular budget treadmills on Amazon, and many of those who have bought it love it! One reviewer on Amazon mentions this:
“When I started researching for a treadmill, I was discouraged by the critically acclaimed ones costing $1000 on up! Finding this one for the price is a STEAL! If you want something basic, but has some cool features, here it is.”Chris Gilbert
Some of the main features include:
- Space saver design; this treadmill can fold up
- Six personal trainer workouts
- Two-position incline
- Comfortable cushioning
Price Guide: $230 (approx)
Hopefully these treadmill reviews have helped you to make your decision! Now that you have a treadmill in mind, you might be wondering which treadmill workouts are best.
Top Rated Treadmill Workouts in 2015
Treadmill workouts can be some of the most intense, effective, and enjoyable workout out there! As simple as running may seem, there are a variation of ways to run that have different benefits. Many people focus on marathon-style runs through long distance endurance training, while others are focusing on the ever popular interval training. You can’t go wrong with either one, but below we’ve offered some introductory treadmill workouts to start you on your journey.
If you’re new to running, try this beginner workout by Rocky Road Running:
It focuses on varying inclines and speeds, with a steady pace that affords enough breaks so as not to be too taxing. This is a good beginner treadmill workout.
For an intermediate treadmill workout, try this one by Fitness and Feta:
This is an interval workout that focuses on intense bursts of running followed by rest periods.
For an advanced workout try this High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) treadmill workout:
This workout is basically an advanced version of workout #2, focusing on higher speeds i.e. more energy expended and calories burned!
In summary, we hope that through this treadmill review you were able to learn some valuable information about treadmills on the market as well as some of the workouts out there. As we discussed, there’s lots of options! Whether you’re looking for a treadmill on a tighter budget or you’re looking to spend big bucks on a high tech machine, there’s a treadmill for you!
We’d like to end it with a positive message for all of you out there looking to start your fitness journey: With the right attitude and the right information you can reach all of your goals, and there’s never a better time to start than today!